Concrete Slump Test
Slump Test Apparatus
- Slump cone ( made of strong metal ) 1.5 mm thickness, internal dimension is 20 cm (8 inch) and above 10 cm (4 inch) diameter and height of cone 30 cm (12 inch).
- Compacting steel bar 15 mm diameter and 60 cm height.
- Base Plate
- Filling Collar
- Steel rule
- Bursh and Mould Oil
- Bucket or Wheelbarrow
Procedure Step by Step
- Mixing the concrete sample properly
- Ensure mould and base plate are clean
- Place the mould at horizontal table or any floor or earth ( the floor or earth should be clean )
- Fill the mould in three layers
- Tamping each layers with 25 times with tamping bar
- If necessary fill the Slump Cone with concrete
- Carefully clean off spillage from around the mould and top of base plate
- Carefully lift the mould straight up with in 10 second
- Measure the distance between underside of the rod and highest point of the concrete - the true slump
- Slum Classes
- According to European Standard EN 206-1:2000 five classes of slump........!
- S1 - 10 mm to 40 mm
- S2 - 50 mm to 90 mm
- S3 - 100 mm to 150 mm
- S2 - 160 mm to 210 mm
- S2 - > 220 mm
Types of Slump
|Types of Slump|
- In true slump the concrete simple subside, keep more or less to the shape.
- In the collapse slum concrete collapses completely.
- In share slump the top portion of concrete share off and slip sideways.
- If the slump is not true, take a new sample and repeat this procedure again, If second slump isn't true get advice,
- Complete the sampling and testing certificates